The Scrap campaign encourages people to take the following steps:
- Suspect all waste carriers. Don’t let them take your rubbish until they provide proof of registration. Note their vehicle’s registration plate.
- Check that a waste carrier is registered on the Environmental Agency’s website.
- Refuse any unexpected offers to have your rubbish taken away.
- Ask how rubbish will be disposed of – seek evidence of this.
- Paperwork must be obtained: a proper invoice, waste transfer note or receipt, including a description of the waste being removed and the waste carrier’s contact details.
Taken from ciwm-journal.co.uk March / April 2019 edition
Please call us on 01275 854641 or 07778 791497 for further information, or email us using the ‘Contact us’ tab You will find a copy of our licence in the Duty of Care tab on the main page of our web site.